The Russian ruble and the Turkish Lira plummeted, as the US dished Russia with sanctions for the poisoning of spy agents. Markets were generally optimistic on several fronts. Following Wednesday’s gloomy outlook. Today some 260 earnings reports are due to be released. While the US and Japan meet for their first bilateral meeting to avoid exaggerated trade tariffs.
The stock market was left dull yesterday with Wall Street down. However early Asian Market open, China lifted Asian shares. Likely the upbeat mood will be transferred to the EU pushing shares up. US shares are then possibly going to rally as the earning reports are delivered.
- Germany 30: Was down 0.12% at 12,633.54 by 07:40GMT and ranging from 12,586.23 -12,704.58. Market participants believe the DE 30 will raise during the day.
- UK100: Was the odd one out bullish this morning with gains of 0.75% which is believed could be shed by end of the day to close dovish.
- Italy 40: Has been pressed down ranging from 21,555.00 – 21,797.50
- France 40: Is lingering in bearish mood between 5,468.64 – 5,499.19 perhaps when wall street opens France 40 may catch some positive winds is yet to be determined.
The USD lost some ground to the JPY as China’s Yuan also gathered some steam against the dollar. USD/JPY were trending from 111.44-110.71. Further downside is viewed as the expectation for today’s US jobless claims are likely to be negative, while the JPY gets a boost from a possible upbeat GDP.
- NZD/USD is bearish as the RBNZ gives a dovish outlook on Interest rates, which was left unchanged at 1.75% The pair were spotted between 0.6633 – 0.6763 down 0.51% with further downside in view.
- GBP/USD has not been able to recover from the sell-off mode in a tight range of
- 1.2842 – 1.2912
- EUR/USD lost its center bot and was down 0.11% at 1.159.7 ranging between 1.1576 – 1.1619.
Another green day for commodities Gold edges up as the USD shrinks. The Gold spot was up 0.05% trending between 1,218.40 – 1,225.10. while XAU/USD extended gains by 0.03% range bound between 1,210.87 – 1,217.34
- Oil prices rose after falling on Wednesday on Supply concerns, even though there was a draw of nearly 1.5million barrels market participants were disappointed prices dropped to 66.36 before climbing up 0.08% to trade between 66.50 – 67.41 further upside beyond this range is unlikely to occur today.
After several tough days for the Cryptocurrencies. 88 out of the popular 100 tokens are bullish. BTC/USD was climbing, up 0.14% to range from 6,128.2 – 6,549.3 with further upside likely to be a challenge. Investors are waiting to see if BTC could hold on to 6500 as resistance after fall more than 4 days straight.
For further details please visit xtrade.com. You may also leave your comments below.